It is our vision that students and staff develop a personal relationship with God, while being engaged in a rich learning environment. This relationship will be built on experiences of justice, affirmation, support, respect and a love of learning.
At St Lawrence Primary School:
- we believe that we are all created ‘in the image of God.’ (Gen 1: 27) and profoundly loved by God
- it is our mission to invite students into the living tradition of the Catholic Church – fostering and developing Christian values, whilst embracing the diverse cultures and faith traditions of our families
- we enact our unique Catholic Identity through the five Religious Dimensions of our school – praying, belonging, learning, celebrating and reaching out
- prayer and worship are essential to the spiritual life of our school community
- Catholic Social Teaching is a key focus through the teaching of the Principles of Catholic Social Justice.
- Our concern for the care of creation is enacted through environmentally sustainable practices that promote responsibility and stewardship
- The Religious Education Program aims to develop within each child an awareness of God in: Self, Others, Our Faith Community and the World
- Our Religious Education program has high expectations of student engagement through dialogue, encounter and learning.